Majmua is an alternative Contemporary Art Gallery Situated In Karachi Pakistan. Work of Renowned artists of Pakistan is displayed at "Majmua Art Gallery". One of Karachi's upcoming galleries that has to it's credit a number of Exhibitions and art related activites.
The gallery also promotes crafts, ceramics, sculptures and gift items & home accessories.
Majmua is working with other NGO’s in the field of IT and Media education in slums and rural areas of Pakistan. We also take trade delegations abroad and are working with the women chamber of commerce to develop, promote and re-encourage women entrepreneurs and SME’s in Pakistan. Majmua is also involved with conservation work on certain world heritage sites in Pakistan.
We advice Interior decorators, corporate offices, Banks and Govt offices on certain artists work, with yearly International group exhibits abroad, starting 1995, with recent shows in London, UK in 2001 and Nairobi, Kenya in 2002, Singapore in 2000, Malaysia in 1999, Mozambique and Dubai in 1998, Nepal, Ismir and Istanbul in 1996 and 1997, Selling art is not the only interest but creating awareness in our younger generation about our hertitage, culture and identity is of greaty concern to us.
We need your support & encouragment as Majmua prides itself in bringing artists from all art fields together. You can support us by becoming a member or through sponsorship from your Organization for our regular events & exhibitions throughout the year.
- • Networking in Pakistan and abroad with government organisations, chamber of commerce and various cultural organisations
• Fund raising through art auctions and musical performances for charity
• Development work in education, through workshops, seminars and exhibitions with special children, hearing impaired associations and emerging artists
• Lectures and seminars
• Poetry recitals and literary reading
• Exhibitions abroad
• Issue theme-based projects
• Art and health projects
• Conservation work
• Art Pakistan magazine on art, heritage and culture
• Religious festivals/exhibitions such as calligraphy
- • Art classes to begin in 2005
• Community and city-based projects e.g. parks, street art
• Developing crafts with small SME's & women artisans in the rural areas of Pakistan and preparing for export
• Publishing of books/coffee table books
• Creating and composing music and music videos
• Conservation work on Rotas Fort